The quality of a translation depends crucially on the translator’s qualifications and the use of appropriate language technology. Specialist texts are processed using the principle of dual control, i.e. they are translated by the translator first and then read by a second person. Well-rehearsed teams ensure the successful handling of even the most complex projects under the leadership of experienced project managers. We use a centralised customer portal for project management. The customer portal not only supports enquiries but also provides our customers with an overview of the status and progress of projects. In this way, we guarantee cost transparency and secure data exchange. Before each translation is delivered, we automatically check whether the required scope of services has been met in accordance with our QM system (consistent/complete translation, adherence to terminology, transposed numbers and punctuation, spaces and tagging). Customer and project-specific requirements are summarised and described in style guides, so special requests and specifications are not lost. Our quality management system is not just on paper but also proves itself every day in practice. It supports our workflow, ensures the effective handling of complex projects and produces high-quality results. It avoids any unnecessary duplication of work and reduces costs.
- Around 500 in-house specialists translate into their native language in over 50 languages
- Translators, revisers and senior editors are selected based on theirspecialist area, knowledge & experience
- Permanent regular translators and scalable teams
- Machine translation in a CAT-supported infrastructure with a dedicated team for post-editing
- Our own customer portal, based on Plunet BusinessManager, for enquiries, quotes, orders and monitoring (SSL-encrypted for compliance with the highest data protection standards)
- Fixed points of contact for our customers, including substitutes in project management
- 100% discretion, customer-oriented thinking and action, professional competence & fast response times are what we do best
- Server-based CAT systems: SDL Studio, Passolo, Multiterm, Across, MemoQ, qTerm, Memsource etc.
- Approval of terminology and translation, as well as review by the customer via the customer portal
- Our IT and DTP department handles foreign language layout, supports software localisation and develops solutions for automated workflows
- Certification for specialised translation and revision according to ISO 17100 (revision by a second person)
- Our quality centre in Leipzig guarantees high linguistic quality
- Quality management which has been certified according to ISO 9001
- t’works training campus for the continuous further education and training of our employees
:: Certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 17100.
:: At 30 locations worldwide.
:: Best value for money.
Multilingual documentation and technology are part of our DNA: demanding customers with complex requirements and high quality standards.
Professional technical documentation complies with safety aspects, international standards and norms. We can help you create multilingual documentation that meets these requirements with globalised markets in mind. Not only does the EU product liability directive require documentation in the national language from the manufacturer but the customer also expects a target language translation, which also offers market opportunities and is a possible sales argument. Mature technical documentation saves costs in many areas:
- Exclusion of content not relevant to translation
- Document based pre-translation
- Editorial systems (censhare, COSIMA, Schema ST4, Docuglobe, DITA, etc.)
- Automated workflows tailored to customer needs
- Help with translation-oriented writing
- Importing and exporting files without lost format
Translation, revision, proofreading, PDF check and correction run with the customer
The translation is followed by proofreading by the translator or a review by a second person in accordance with ISO 17100. It is checked whether the translation meets the project requirements. Depending on the type and complexity of the text to be translated and its purpose, we divide proofreading into three quality levels of varying scope and offer the additional option of a professional review. We offer the following range of services:
- Technical translation with control
- Revision by a second person
- Stylistic revision by a second person
- Proofreading/PDF check
- Correction run with the customer
- Professional review
Transcription & transcreation
Transcription: from German or foreign-language texts into the usual target languages, such as marketing documents, video conferences, telephone interviews, film & television productions, interviews, etc. Transcreation: the marketing translation itself requires a certain amount of linguistic expertise in this type of text and creativity. But we go one step further in the transcreation and senior editing process: the target text is modified to meet brand and campaign requirements and adapted to the marketing guidelines and target market’s cultural characteristics – and this has to be reflected in the translation too.
We translate into the following languages
Language group 1
English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Croatian, Romanian, Hungarian, Chinese
Language group 2
Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Greek, Turkish, Albanian, Bulgarian, Serbian, Slovenian, Ukrainian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Estonian
Language group 3
Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, Korean, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Indian (Hindi, Bengali, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi)
Language group 4
Afghan, Azerbaijani, Burmese, Dyerma, Georgian, Mongolian, Singhalese, Swahili, Tamil, Urdu