CONTENT IS KING.
Translation management for PIM systems
Translations in the field of product information management (PIM) not only require industry-specific expertise and a high level of language skills, but above all a good understanding of the “content life cycle”.
It is about more than the realisation that the information, i.e. the content for a product, is constantly growing and has to be shared or distributed over many channels. The interplay between PIM systems and translation management is required and in demand. Many topics related to the content life cycle play an essential part – from centralised storage and maintenance to the highest degree of automation of the exchange of new and modified content from PIM systems in combination with AI (artificial intelligence) and block chain technology.
The specialist translator has to work in a team and in a network, and they need meta information on the product as well, because a wide variety of content needs to be translated – from packaging information and operating instructions to marketing texts, blog posts, web shop content or apps, as well as product training, etc.
The pace is high and the need for translations with specialised terminology, complex foreign words and detailed context is increasing. The correct workflow connected to the customer system and the use of a suitable TMS system must be guaranteed. The integration of neural machine translation engines and the creation of technical/customer-specific glossaries strongly support this process.
Our expertise: Quality and efficiency in translation management
By discussing and defining the objectives, a translation workflow according to ISO 17100 is implemented, tailored to the PIM systems and customer requirements. It does not matter which file format is used to process the content, we are familiar with all common formats. You also benefit from our global network of over 500 in-house translators and almost 75 years of experience in the translation industry.
What do we offer?
Specialised translation and automated workflows according to ISO 17100
- Qualified, specialised and native-speaking translators with experience in the field
- Four eyes principle (technical translation + revision by a second person)
- Permanent in-house translators and revisers
- A permanent, experienced project manager as your face-to-team contact person for all projects, questions, workflows and solutions
- Feasibility check, data preparation/post-processing, transparent workflows and correction process
- Experienced marketing translators, senior editing, copy writing and transcreation
- Neural machine translation for specific types of text
DTP and foreign language typesetting
- In-house graphics department (MAC/PC)
- Profound knowledge in all common layout programs, even for “exotic languages”, e.g. Arabic
Correction and release process
- Review, evaluation and implementation of corrections
- Control of approval processes with customers/coordination with country units
- Automated workflows tailor-made for the customer and exchange with the PIM system
- Import and export of original files/files in exchange format, without loss of format
- Exclusion of content not relevant to translation
- Document based pre-translation
- Software-supported quality check of the translated documents under consideration of defined parameters
- Experience with editorial systems (Schema ST4, censhare, Docuglobe, DITA, Docuf-COSIMA, Fischer TIM
RS, Noxum, Docguglobe, COTI and DITA, ASTRORIA,Medaps, SIPS+, TechDB, SIOS, SDL Tridion, etc.)
- Use of market-leading software (MS Office, Adobe FrameMaker, InDesign, etc.) and translation memory systems (memoQ, SDL Studio, Smartling, etc.)
- Support with translation-oriented writing
- Collection, maintenance and administration of company and specialist glossaries/terminology (top basis for SEO and specialist content checking)
- Creation and development of customer-specific glossaries/terminology databases
- Administration of glossary/terminology with online access for the customer via web browser and mobile app solution for smartphone or tablet (ez:term)
Software and country-specific localisation
- Localisation: Adaptation of the documentation to the target market (upon request)
- Experience in localisation platforms (Smartling, Crowdin)
- Software localisation (SDL Passolo, SAP SE63)
- Character and pixel based length check (ez:length check)
Online customer portal
- SSL-encrypted, web-based and user-friendly customer portal (Plunet BusinessManager, since 2009)
- Constantly updated project status via customer login: Complete project tracking incl. enquiry, offer and billing system, your own upload/download area, budget and cost overview, etc.
Have we sparked your interest?
Simply contact us if you would like to know more.
Phone: +49 (0)9721 7035-14
97421 Schweinfurt, Germany